God Has Not Forgotten You


I found the biggest challenge in my faith is when I'm facing tremendous hardship. In those times, I wonder why God doesn't come to my rescue immediately. The hardest part is knowing that he can rescue me at any time, but there is no immediate rescue. I question where is God? Why is he allowing me to suffer like this?
In these times, I remind myself of Mary, Martha, and Lazarus. They were friends of Jesus. One day Lazarus becomes sick and they sent a message to Jesus. Now you would think that because they were faithful followers of Jesus he would rush to their aid at once, but he didn't. He stayed where he was two more days. When Jesus finally arrives, Lazarus had died.
When you are a follower of Jesus, we expect to see good things happen in our lives. When trouble appears, we turn to prayer and ask God to help us. Afterwards, we expect God to come and assist us. Unfortunately, he doesn't always come and rescue us when and how we want him too.
Are you a follower of Jesus and prayed for him to help, but it seemed he delayed? Or, perhaps at one time you believed, but because God didn't respond to your prayer request and you lost faith in him?
I want to encourage you that God has not forsaken you. He is with you every second of every day. He sees your tears. He cares about the problems you are facing. He is and will always be your refuge.

Scriptural Verse: "…he will never leave you nor forsake you." Deut. 31:6 NIV
Further reading: John 11

Prayer Focus: Lord help me to remember that you will never leave me. Help me to understand that you are present with me through every difficulty I experience.

Comments

  1. Beautifully written, I believe God will never forsake his own people. Like you said it may not happen the way and how we want to but he always comes through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We must remember that He is with us in hard times.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How Do We Move Forward?

Donate for Mental Health