A Contrast to the 23rd Psalm

Someone shared this with me and I thought it was powerful; so I'm passing it on:

With you as my "shepherds"
I LIVED in want.
You made me to lie down
exposed in musty old church storage closets.
You led me through doors behind baptismal waters
to exploit me in the dust beneath the stage on which you preached.
You destroyed my soul.
You coerced me down paths of YOUR unrighteousness
for your own SELFISH sake.
Yea, I have walked through the valley of the shadow of death
and I KNOW your deeds are nothing but EVIL,
for these memories are ever with me.
Your rod and your staff
they crushed and confused me.
Your threats...they silenced me.
I ate regularly at a table in the presence of my enemies,
self-professing their "anointing" of authority
and how their "cup runs over."
Surely LIGHT and TRUTH will haunt you
all the days of your life,
for darkness cannot dwell in the
Eternal house of the LORD, the True Shepherd.
Not EVER!  ~Anonymous

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Do We Move Forward?

Donate for Mental Health