Tears of Joy and Appreciating Good Friends


I’m in love with Faith Evans’ new song “Tears of Joy”.  I first heard her sing it on television recently and I was touched.  Since that time, I’ve heard it played faithfully on the radio everyday.  The song reminds me of the new love and new found freedom in my life.  It touches my heart, soul and mind when I think about how certain people can impact your emotions for good or evil.  It made me grateful for the new found friendships in my life.  It made me even more appreciative of the friends who have been there over the years.  It made me think of Marlena Graves, Christine Fulmer, LeAnn Hill, Sandy Ellies, Cheryl Bynum, my Aunt Doris Stewart, Kim Willis, and Toni Jenkins.  Each of these amazing women have played such an amazing role in my life.  They are caring, gifted, intelligent, funny, and most importantly, faithful!  They have been there for me through it all.  They have no motive, but to love.  They ask nothing of me, but friendship.  To the ladies…if I haven’t expressed my appreciation of you enough, I want to say thank you and I love you!!!  May God overwhelm you with His goodness.

When I started writing this post, I had something else in mind.  But, I realized how we should be thankful for the positive people in our lives.  We tend to focus too much on the negative things and negative people, but forget to acknowledge the goodness in our lives.  Tell your friends and family how much you love them!  Learn to appreciate the sincere people in your life.  Stop allowing toxic people in your inner circle!  Stop trying to love people who don’t want to love you back!  Cut off those frenemies!!  Love yourself and allow others to love you!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Do We Move Forward?

Donate for Mental Health